Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Summertime Tastings

We had a great summer! In July we hit our goal of becoming a Team Leader!!! We have learned a ton of things about wine as we've gone along and a lot of it has been from the guests at our parties as well as the abundance of free training we have received.

We have a team call every Monday night and even when I can't actually be on the call it's recorded so I can listen in later. What has been so great about that is that we actually get to hear from the founder of WineShop at Home about the wines being released every month. He'll answer any question we have about wine making, varietals, aromas, flavors, bottling...etc. It's been very helpful as we do the new months tastings with the new wines. I can remember specific details he shared with us that I can pass on to our wine loving guests.

Every month we've been having new changes besides the new wines. Our red wine stemware came in... finally! Phew! The stems are so beautiful and elegant to drink wine out of that it's been really hard asking people to wait for them to arrive so we can start making them available again.

We've also made available a half case of personalized wine! This is going to be a hit this year because so many people are hesitant to order 12 bottles of wine to give as gifts, but 6 can really make a special gift to a select group of people.

I also got published last month in Loan Officer Magazine. I put together an article on using wine tastings as a way to develop new opportunities for Loan Officers & Real Estate Professionals. I'll post the original article here next.

My wine club wines come tomorrow so I'll have new material to discuss then. These are our special occasion wines. I love the research I get to do for my job!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment